What Is A Porcelain Veneer?
Porcelain veneers are a cosmetic solution for repairing and enhancing your smile. Dental veneers are a high-quality, permanent dental restoration designed to repair minor cosmetic blemishes. Dental veneers look and function like natural teeth and require no additional maintenance.
A porcelain veneer is a ceramic shell made from a tooth-like material that attaches to the front and sides of a prepared tooth. The shell is ultra-thin, custom colored, and shaped to blend seamlessly with adjacent teeth for a natural result. The veneer is bonded permanently to the existing tooth.
What Are Porcelain Veneers Used For?
Porcelain veneers can be used to restore a single tooth or on multiple teeth for a total smile makeover. Made from a highly durable and light reflective material, dental veneers are able to achieve beautiful cosmetic results and protect the tooth structure from further damage or decay.
Veneers are commonly used to:
- Close gaps between teeth
- Repair a chip or cracked tooth
- Straighten a crooked tooth
- Reshape a misshapen tooth
- Whiten a discolored tooth resistant to whitening gels
Dr. Heather Adams is a Rogers, Arkansas area cosmetic dentist with a natural eye for facial aesthetics and years of experience and advanced training. Dr. Adams uses porcelain veneers to create seamless, gorgeous smiles that last.
What Is The Process For Porcelain Veneers?
- Dental veneers are ultra-thin shell that is permanently bonded to the damaged tooth. Dr. Adams prepares the teeth that will receive a dental veneer by removing a minimal amount of tooth structure. Once the teeth are prepared, dental molds are taken off the teeth and used to create a precise dental veneer. Patients may receive temporary veneers to wear while their final restoration is being fabricated.
- When the final dental veneers are ready, Dr. Adams will place them temporarily on the teeth and work with the patient to make any necessary adjustments for comfort. Patients will approve the shape, color, and size of the veneer prior to the final fit. Once approved, Dr. Adams uses a special bonding agent to permanently attach the veneer to the tooth.
- After the final fit, patients are able to eat, speak and take care of their smile as they would normally, brushing and flossing daily to keep the teeth surfaces clean. Routine dental care provides the opportunity for Dr. Adams to monitor the condition of the veneers and make any needed repairs to maintain your new smile for as long as possible. With proper care, porcelain veneers can last for many years as they are intended as a permanent solution.
What Are The Benefits Of Porcelain Veneers?
- They look and feel like real teeth.
- They do not require a lot of preparation.
- They make smile improvement affordable.
- They are a permanent solution if taken care of properly.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
To determine if porcelain veneers are right for you, visit our Rogers dentist office. To schedule an appointment, call (479) 431-4212 or request a new patient appointment online.