Welcome to the Dental Office of Heather V. Adams, DDS
As a passionate dentist, Dr. Adams is dedicated to providing the very best dental care for her patients. It is her goal to make her patients feel like part of the family. She focuses on creating relationships that are honest and trusting. Dr. Adams wants her patients to feel confident about the care they receive in her office. As a top local dentist office, we are accepting new patients to expand our practice. If you are searching for a new dentist in Bentonville, AR, consider our family and cosmetic dentistry office.
Your Local Family Dentist
As a family dentist serving Bentonville, AR, Dr. Adams offers general dental care to patients of all ages including children. She is a gentle dentist that will tailor dental services to the needs of your child’s growing smile. Following the American Dental Association guidelines, you should bring your child in for their first visit by the time their first tooth erupts or by the age of 1.
You should schedule a routine preventive dental care appointment every six months. Patients of all ages should see a dentist this often. These visits are important to maintain good oral health and to prevent dental diseases.
What to Expect During a Dental Checkup
- A Full Mouth Exam: Dr. Adams will examine your teeth and gums to look for signs of oral health issues. This includes tooth cavities and gum disease. This is a general assessment of your overall oral health.
- Screen for Oral Cancer: Your dentist will perform an oral cancer screening. She will look for abnormal lumps, bumps, and lesions in your mouth that may be a sign of cancer or pre-cancer.
- X-rays: We will take x-rays about once a year. This is to get a better look at how your teeth look under the gums and your jawbone. X-rays are important to detecting problems that are not visible during a physical exam.
- Teeth Cleaning: One of our dental hygienists will clean your teeth with special tools. They will remove all the excess plaque and tarter that is buildup on your teeth since your last appointment. Then they polish your teeth and floss in between them.
- Consultation with Dr. Adams: If any dental problems are found, Dr. Adams will discuss the issue with you and make suggestions based on her findings. If further treatment is necessary, she will develop a treatment plan.
How are pediatric visits different from adult visits?
When your child visits us for their routine appointment, we tend to go a little slower and explain what we are doing to ease any fear and anxiety. Since children have new teeth erupting and teeth falling out constantly, we also have to pay closer to attention to charting their teeth. Also, at each pediatric visit, we will recommend a fluoride treatment and dental sealants for their molars.
We Offer Expert Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry Services
Dr. Adams is more than a general and family dentist. She also offers a full menu of restorative and cosmetic dentistry services.
Restorative Dentistry Services
Restorative dentistry entails various services for patients who suffer from complex dental health problems. Our list of treatments will help fix your teeth to restore their health, function, and appearance. The goal is to preserve the natural tooth as much as possible and avoiding an extraction. However, sometimes damage to a tooth is so severe that removing it may be the only choice. Dr. Adams will examine your teeth and may suggest a restorative treatment if she finds decay, cracks, chips, or missing teeth.
Cosmetic Dentistry Services
The purpose of cosmetic dentistry is to make your smile look better. Improving the aesthetics of your smile can boost your confidence and overall self-esteem. While having optimal oral health is more important, Dr. Adams wants her patients to love their smile. She will listen to your concerns and ask what you like and dislike about your teeth. Then she can create a treatment plan to deliver a smile you will love.
If you are looking for a new dentist in Bentonville, AR, schedule a dentist appointment with Dr. Adams today. Call our office at (479) 323-3011 or request an appointment online by filling out this form.