Dr. Heather V. Adams: Dentist in Rogers, AR
Dr. Heather V. Adams D.D.S. is a proud native of El Dorado, Arkansas, and a graduate of the University of Arkansas with a bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis.
She initially pursued an information technology career with IBM before ultimately deciding to return to school to follow her dream of becoming a dentist. Her experiences during her college years as an orthodontic dental assistant left a lasting impression on her. Ultimately that job and those patient experiences are what formed the basis of her love of dentistry.
When asked about the career change Dr. Adams says “I realized I loved working for IBM but the nature of the work was not fulfilling. It did not provide an outlet for me to help others in a way that brought joy to my life. I missed the deeper connections with people that I had found as an orthodontic dental assistant. Being a business owner, dentist and patient advocate allow me the unique opportunity to have the best of both worlds. It allows me to use my technical, business, and interpersonal skills while cultivating deeper connections with others.”
She has also strongly committed to lifelong learning in both dentistry and all aspects of life. Maybe that’s because her parents had the saying when she was growing up “You don’t want to be like the dinosaurs and become extinct”! With that philosophy, quickly out of dental school Dr. Adams realized a need for both herself and the local dental community. So, she founded the local NWA Spear Study Club which is now in its fifth year. Dr. Adams travels annually to the Spear Institute and other various meetings to learn about the most current advances in dentistry and bring them back to her practice.
Dr. Adams is a lover of all animals and you may even meet her beloved Ruby on any given day in her office. She enjoys being involved in her community and learning more about all of the wonderful things our growing community has to offer. When she is not helping others care for their smiles, Dr. Adams enjoys running, cycling, swimming, entertaining others, and being outdoors.
- Union High School – El Dorado, AR
- University of Arkansas – B.S., Computer Information Systems and Quantitative Analysis
- University of Missouri – Kansas City, D.D.S., Magna Cum Laude
- NWA Spear Study Club ( Founding Member)
- IDT Study Club – Member
- American Dental Association – Member
- Arkansas State Dental Association – Member
- American Association of Women Dentists – Past President
- Spear Education – Faculty Club Member
- Academy of General Dentistry – Member
- Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry – Member
- Bentonville Rotary Club – Membership Committee
- Rogers Chamber of Commerce Member
- Hope Cancer Resources Volunteer
- Bentonville Chamber of Commerce Member
- Downtown Bentonville Inc. Member
- Bentonville Film Festival Volunteer